The Retreat Association is a very important national organisation which makes available the programmes of many of the Christian retreat houses in Britain. It has grown in scope and excellence of work over the last few years and comprises these Christian retreat groups:
• the Association for Promoting Retreats (mainly Anglican)
• the National Retreat Movement (mainly Roman Catholic)
• the Methodist Retreat Group
• the Baptist Union Retreat Group
• the United Reformed Church Silence and Retreat Group, and
• the Quaker Retreats and One-to One Ministry (Q-ROOM)
The Retreat Association aims to foster and develop the rich and diverse expressions of Christian spirituality. There are no individual members. It provides information and resources, maintains networks and co-ordinates new initiatives and publishes an annual journal “Retreats”. The journal lists retreat houses and their programmes in Britain and Ireland. There are articles about retreats and the journal is available by post from the Association or from Christian book shops. Do ask also in your local book and magazine shop as it may be available there. You may send an SAE for a list of courses. If you are looking for a spiritual director, the Retreat Association can help by putting you in touch with a contact person in your area.